near Greenwood in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Todd's Chapel United Methodist Church
The first structure remained in use until it was replaced by the present church in 1858. Built in the Greek Revival style, the new building was formally dedicated on May 30th of that year. The church was expanded with completion of the adjoining Sunday School addition in 1966. Todd’s Chapel was listed in the National Register of Historic Places on September 14, 1998.
Erected 1998 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number K-61.)
Location. 38° 49.999′ N, 75° 40.413′ W. Marker is in near Greenwood, Delaware, in Kent County. Marker is on Todd's Chapel Road (County Road 114) near Touch for map. Located along the southwestern boundry of Kent County. Marker is in this post office area: Greenwood DE 19950, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bethel Methodist Church (approx. 2.8 miles away); North-South Boundary Between the State of Maryland and the State of Delaware (approx. 3.4 miles away in Maryland); St. Johnstown Methodist Church (approx. 5.8 miles away); Sudler House (approx. 7.2 miles away); Harrington (approx. 7.3 miles away); Bridgeville, Delaware (approx. 7.4 miles away); Edward Redfield (approx. 7.4 miles away); First Rural Free Delivery Route (approx. 8.1 miles away).
Regarding Todd's Chapel United Methodist Church. National Register of Historic Places:
Todd's Chapel (added 1998 - - #98001094)
Also known as K-134;Todd's Methodist Episcopal Church;Todd's United Method
Jct. of Todd's Chapel Rd., and Hickman Rd. , Greenwood
♦ Historic Significance: Architecture/Engineering
♦ Architectural Style: No Style Listed
♦ Area of Significance: Architecture, Religion
♦ Period of Significance: 1925-1949, 1900-1924, 1875-1899, 1850-1874
♦ Owner: Private
♦ Historic Function:
♦ Historic Sub-function: Cemetery, Religious Structure
♦ Current Function: Funerary, Religion
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 22, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 494 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 22, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.