La Porte Saint Martin
[The Saint Martin Gate]
[English translation by Google Translate, with modifications:
The Saint Martin Gate
Built in the twelfth century at the same time as the outer walls and collapsed in 1844, the door opened on the old common of the Jurisdiction of St. Martin of Mazérat, attached to St. Emilion in 1790. It derives its name from the way it controls the road which led to the Romanesque church of St. Martin of Mazéart.]
Location. 44° 53.558′ N, 0° 9.483′ W. Marker is in Saint Emilion, Aquitaine, in Gironde Départment. Marker is at the intersection of Rue des Ecoles and Rue du Convent on Rue des Ecoles. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Emilion, Aquitaine 33330, France.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. L’ancienne Halle (about 180 meters away, measured in a direct line); La Maison de la Cadene/La Porte de la Cadene (approx. 0.2 kilometers
Categories. • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 24, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 303 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 24, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.