Macon in Bibb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
City Hall & Old Capitol
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 011-2.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 50.177′ N, 83° 37.938′ W. Marker is in Macon, Georgia, in Bibb County. Marker is at the intersection of D. T. Walton Sr. Way and Poplar Street on D. T. Walton Sr. Way. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Macon GA 31201, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Medal of Honor (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Joseph's Catholic Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First Baptist Church of Christ (about 700 feet away); The First Presbyterian Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Birthplace of Sidney Lanier (approx. ¼ mile away); The March to the Sea (approx. ¼ mile away); Mulberry Street Methodist Church (approx. ¼ mile away); The Stoneman Raid (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Macon.
Categories. • Politics • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 13, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 660 times since then and 31 times this year. Last updated on October 24, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 13, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.