El Paso in El Paso County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The simple box-shaped building is noted by a decorative wood cornice that can still be seen above the remodeled storefront. There was a wood sidewalk covered by a shed roof and a hitching post for horses. Originally, the building housed a drug store and bookstore. This address has been in continuous use since 1882, making it the oldest commercial structure in the city of El Paso.
Erected by El Paso County Historical Commission.
Location. 31° 45.425′ N, 106° 29.32′ W. Marker is in El Paso, Texas, in El Paso County. Marker is at the intersection of South El Paso Street and East Overland Avenue, on the right when traveling north on South El Paso Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 210 South El Paso Street, El Paso TX 79901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Stage Station (within shouting distance of this marker); Hotel Paso Del Norte (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); A City Is Born (about 300 feet away); La Patria Newspaper (about 400 feet away); Pioneer Plaza (about 500 feet away); El Paso Fray García de San Francisco (about 500 feet away); The First Kindergarten in Texas (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in El Paso.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 31, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 271 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 31, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.