Marathon in Brewster County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First School House
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1862.)
Location. 30° 12.486′ N, 103° 14.655′ W. Marker is in Marathon, Texas, in Brewster County. Marker is at the intersection of North 3rd Street and Avenue E, on the right when traveling east on North 3rd Street. Touch for map. Marker is on the west side of building. Marker is in this post office area: Marathon TX 79842, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Albion E. Shepard House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Gage Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Chambers Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Marathon (approx. 0.9 miles away); Colonel Lewis Given Harman (approx. 2.7 miles away); Fort Peña Colorado (Red Rock) (approx. 4.6 miles away); Los Caballos (approx. 9.9 miles away).
Categories. • Education • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 7, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 304 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 7, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.