Hillsboro in Hill County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Edward S. Davis, Civic
Leader, Banker, Engineer.
Has Fine Ornamentation,
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark 1965
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1175.)
Location. 32° 0.853′ N, 97° 7.393′ W. Marker is in Hillsboro, Texas, in Hill County. Marker is on North Abbott Street near Corsicana Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hillsboro TX 76645, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Mary's Episcopal Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Abbott House (about 600 feet away); Sims-Womack House (about 700 feet away); George L. and Roxie Brooks Porter Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old G. D. Tarlton House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Central Christian Church (approx. ¼ mile away); First Baptist Church of Hillsboro (approx. ¼ mile away); Hillsboro Junior College (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hillsboro.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 10, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 283 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 11, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.