Savannah in Chatham County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Wesley Monumental United Methodist Church
as Wesley Church
renamed Wesley Monumental, 1875
and built as a monument
to John and Charles Wesley
Founders of the
Sanctuary cornerstone laid
August 10, 1875
completed and dedicated
March 30, 1890
completed February 20, 1927
Erected by United Methodist Church.
Location. 32° 4.24′ N, 81° 5.581′ W. Marker is in Savannah, Georgia, in Chatham County. Marker is at the intersection of Abercorn Street and E. Wayne Street, on the right when traveling south on Abercorn Street. Touch for map. At Calhoun Square. Marker is at or near this postal address: 429 Abercorn St., Savannah GA 31401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wesley Monumental United Methodist Church Centennial ( here, next to this marker); Massie Common School House ( within shouting distance of this marker); Congregation Mickve Israel ( about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Casimir Pulaski ( about 600 feet away); Former Home of Henry R. Jackson Savannah's Marine Corps Memorial ( about 700 feet away); Armstrong Junior College ( about 700 feet away); Comer House ( about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Savannah.
More about this marker. An identical Wesley Monumental United Methodist Church Marker is posted about eight feet up on the rear wall of the church on the Drayton Street side (Coordinates are 32.070881, -81.093750).
Also see . . . Wesley Monumental United Methodist Church. Wesley Monumental, Church History (Submitted on March 10, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 10, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,123 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 10, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.