Upper Marlboro in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Location. 38° 42.561′ N, 76° 42.274′ W. Marker is in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, in Prince George's County. Marker is at the intersection of Nottingham Road and Tanyard Road on Nottingham Road. Touch for map. In the triangle at the intersection of Tanyard Road, Nottingham Road, and Watershed Road. Marker is in this post office area: Upper Marlboro MD 20772, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Changing Guard (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Nottingham Schoolhouse (about 600 feet away); The Town of Nottingham (about 600 feet away); The War of 1812 (about 600 feet away); Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary (approx. 1.3 miles away); Shaded Reprieve (approx. 1.7 miles away); Smithville United Methodist Church (approx. 2½ miles away); Woodland Indian Villages on the Patuxent River (approx. 2.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Upper Marlboro.
More about this marker. This marker is quite wrong. It was during the War of 1812 that the British established a camp here between August 21 and August 29, 1814 as a
The town of Nottingham has completely disappeared. A few river side houses occupy the site.
— Submitted November 22, 2012, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.
Categories. • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 22, 2012, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 340 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 22, 2012, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. 3. submitted on August 24, 2013, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. 4. submitted on November 22, 2012, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. 5. submitted on December 3, 2012, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.