Andrews in Andrews County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Original Townsite of Andrews
Town has grown through many gifts of real estate and funds from Means, who retired after finding oil on his land in 1934.
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 166.)
Location. 32° 19.027′ N, 102° 33.281′ W. Marker is in Andrews, Texas, in Andrews County. Marker is at the intersection of West Broadway Street and NW 7th Street, on the right when traveling west on West Broadway Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 700 W Broadway St, Andrews TX 79714, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Early Settlers (here, next to this marker); Two Billionth Barrel (approx. half a mile away); Billionth Barrel Dorsie M. Pinnell (approx. half a mile away); Shafter's Trail (approx. 0.6 miles away); Means Methodist Church (approx. 0.7 miles away); Andrews County Discovery Well (approx. 6.1 miles away); Florey Park (approx. 9.5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Andrews.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 25, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 661 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 25, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.