Oroville in Butte County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Site of 1st Sawmill
Erected by Argonaut Parlor No. 8 Native Sons and Gold of Ophir Parlor No. 190 Native Daughters, commemorating the Bicentennial Year 1776 – 1976”
Erected 1976 by Native Sons of the Golden West, Agronaut Parlor No. 8 & Native Daughters of the Golden West, Gold of Ophir Parlor No. 190.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 39° 30.929′ N, 121° 33.101′ W. Marker is in Oroville, California, in Butte County. Marker can be reached from Montgomery Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2332 Montgomery Street, Oroville CA 95965, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of the First Flour Mill (within shouting distance of this marker); Oroville Masonic Temple (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Boehme & Heep Saloon (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of First Oroville Bank (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Banking Institution in Ophir (approx. Edison Building (approx. ¼ mile away); The American (approx. ¼ mile away); Oroville State Theatre (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oroville.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 2, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 399 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 2, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.