Hot Springs in Garland County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
Hot Springs National Park
Dome tile. The Quapaw’s ceramic tile dome was inspired by the bathhouse domes in North Africa and southern France.
The Quapaw Bathhouse was completed in 1922. It occupies the site of two earlier wooden bathhouses, the Horseshoe and the Magnesia.
Location. 34° 30.792′ N, 93° 3.222′ W. Marker is in Hot Springs, Arkansas, in Garland County. Marker is on Central Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 413 Central Avenue, Hot Springs National Park AR 71901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fordyce Bathhouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Ozark Bathhouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Lamar Bathhouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Buckstaff Bathhouse (about 400 feet away); Bathhouse Row Ohio and Southern Clubs (about 600 feet away); Buck Ewing (about 600 feet away); An American Spa (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hot Springs.
Also see . . . Bathhouse Row, Quapaw Bathhouse, Central Avenue, Hot Springs, Garland, AR. The Historical American Buildings Survey Record for the Quapaw Bathouse. Includes 16 photographs and 2 schematics. (Submitted on December 29, 2012.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 16, 2018. This page originally submitted on December 13, 2012, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 429 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 13, 2012, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. 3, 4. submitted on December 29, 2012. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.