Greenville in Greene County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Dedicated Oct.29, 1994
( Left Side of Monument : )
World War I
Apr. 6, 1917
Nov. 11, 1918
World War II
Dec. 8, 1941
Sept. 13, 1945
( Right Side of Monument : )
June 27, 1950
Jan. 31, 1955
Aug. 5, 1964
May 7, 1975
Aug. 20, 1990
Feb. 28, 1991
( Rear of Monument : )
Erected through the efforts of Ida B. Horne,
Betty Ruth Alexander, Chad R. Shelton, Ruby T. Davis,
David L. Fellers, Mack A. Jones and Allan Sipe.
Sponsored by the Greene County Disabled
American Veterans Chapter 42 and Auxiliary.
Design by Tusculum Monument Co.
Erected 1994 by Citizens of Greenville – Greene County.
Location. 36° 9.775′ N, 82° 49.852′ W. Marker is in Greenville, Tennessee, in Greene County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street (U.S. 321) and E Depot Street, on the right when traveling north on Touch for map. Marker is located in front of the Greene County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 108 South Main Street, Greeneville TN 37745, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Governor John Sevier (here, next to this marker); Roll of Honor – Greene County (here, next to this marker); Greeneville, Tennessee (a few steps from this marker); Sgt. Elbert L. Kinser (a few steps from this marker); Greene County Civil War (a few steps from this marker); Greeneville Union Convention (within shouting distance of this marker); John H. Morgan (within shouting distance of this marker); Olde Greene County Gaol (within shouting distance of this marker).
More about this marker. The front of the monument contains an American flag and the logos of the 5 armed forces.
Categories. • Heroes •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 18, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 254 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on December 18, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.