(Translated by Google Translate with modifications:)
This place offers the best view of the bottom of the village, the agricultural plain, Calovon Valley, the villages, the mountains of Vaucluse and Mont Ventoux. This place was the location of the Chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows, built by the Brotherhood of the White Penitents. It was disposed of during the revolution and returned to the family Rouvil and the community upon the purchase of the hotel.
June 11, 1909, an earthquake caused two large cracks on the west facade of the upper church and cracks on the walls of
Erected by Mairie de Bonnieux. (Marker Number 8.)
Location. 43° 49.402′ N, 5° 18.523′ E. Marker is in Bonnieux, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, in Vaucluse Département. Marker is on Rue de la Mairie. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bonnieux, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur 84480, France.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bonnieux (a few steps from this marker); La Vieille Eglise (within shouting distance of this marker); Escaliers Emile Gardon (within shouting distance of this marker); Ancien Hotel de Ville ou Hotel de Rouvil (within shouting distance of this marker); Rue Droite (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); Rue Voltaire (about 120 meters away); Place du Moulin a Huile (about 120 meters away).
Categories. • Landmarks •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 19, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 313 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 19, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.