Scotts Valley in Santa Cruz County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Built by Hiram Scott
Erected by Santa Cruz Historical Trust.
Location. 37° 2.956′ N, 122° 1.1′ W. Marker is in Scotts Valley, California, in Santa Cruz County. Marker can be reached from Civic Center Drive. Touch for map. The Scott House is located in MacDorsa Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 Civic Center Drive, Scotts Valley CA 95066, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Felton Covered Bridge (approx. 2.9 miles away); The Cremer House (approx. 3 miles away); The Branciforte Adobe (approx. 4.1 miles away); Salz Tannery (approx. 4.3 miles away); Historic Lime Kilns (approx. 4.3 miles away); Glenwood (approx. 4.4 miles away); Charles Martin Winery (approx. 4.4 miles away); Branciforte (approx. 4.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Scotts Valley.
Also see . . . A Glimpse at Scotts Valley's History. The American occupation of Alta California brought changes to Scotts Valley. Majors was chosen alcalde (mayor) of Santa Cruz and was later elected county treasurer. By 1850 he was ready to sell his large valley (Submitted on January 6, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 6, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 405 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 6, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.