New Brunswick in Middlesex County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The first home of the college with its grammar school, 1771-1791, was at the north-east corner of Albany and Neilson Streets.
In 1811 the College and school moved to Queen’s building on the present campus.
At the extention of George Street, College Hall was moved to Schureman Street and became the Lancasterian School.
Erected 1930 by Rutgers University.
Location. 40° 29.599′ N, 74° 26.618′ W. Marker is in New Brunswick, New Jersey, in Middlesex County. Marker is on George Street south of Liberty Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is located in Monument Square Park. Marker is in this post office area: New Brunswick NJ 08901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. New Brunswick Civil War Monument (here, next to this marker); Purple Heart Memorial (a few steps from this marker); SSgt. Frank Z. Molnar (a few steps from this marker); Guest House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Brigadier General Anthony Walton White grave marker Christ Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Christ Church Parish (approx. 0.2 miles away); Route Taken by Washington (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Brunswick.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 19, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 273 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 19, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.