Harrisburg in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
J. Donald Cameron
(1833 - 1918)
Erected 1997 by The Harrisburg History Project Commissioned by Mayor Stephen R. Reed.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Pennsylvania, The Harrisburg History Project marker series.
Location. 40° 15.73′ N, 76° 53.299′ W. Marker is in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, in Dauphin County. Marker is at the intersection of N. Front Street and State Street, on the right when traveling south on N. Front Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Harrisburg PA 17101, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. J. Donald Cameron Mansion (here, next to this marker); William Maclay Mansion (a few steps from this marker); The John Crain Kunkel and Katherine Smoot Kunkel Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Michaelís Lutheran Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Parish Church of St. Lawrence (Former) (within shouting distance of this marker); William Maclay (within shouting distance of this marker); Genevieve Blatt (1913 - 1996) (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Civic Club of Harrisburg (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Harrisburg.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. J. Donald Cameron Mansion
Also see . . .
1. Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. (Submitted on March 16, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
2. J. Donald Cameron - Behind the Marker. ExplorePAHistory.com (Submitted on July 19, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
3. James Donald Cameron at FindAGrave.com. (Submitted on July 19, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Government • Industry & Commerce • Military • Notable Persons • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 16, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,462 times since then and 46 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on March 16, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.