Andover in Sussex County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Iron Masterís Mansion
† † † Built by the English company
of Allen & Turner about 1700,
whose iron works were
confiscated in 1778 by order of the
Continental Congress. First
master of record to occupy it
was John Hackett.
Erected 1964 by Borough of Andover.
Location. 40° 59.355′ N, 74° 44.558′ W. Marker is in Andover, New Jersey, in Sussex County. Marker is on Main Street (U.S. 206) north of Grist Mill Lane, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Andover NJ 07821, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Iron Works at Andover (a few steps from this marker); Andover Furnace (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Lackawanna Cutoff (approx. 0.7 miles away); Thomas Woolverton's Tavern (approx. 1.9 miles away); Cat Swamp Hijacking and Murder (approx. 3.3 miles away); U.S.S. Bunker Hill Memorial (approx. 3Ĺ miles away); Amity School (approx. 4 miles away); Henry W. Merriam (approx. 4.2 miles away).
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 16, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 394 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 16, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.