Shelbyville in Shelby County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Site of Home of Thomas Andrews Hendricks
September 7, 1819 - November 25, 1885
Erected 1966 by Indiana Sesquicentennial Commission. (Marker Number 73.1996.1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Indiana State Historical Bureau Markers marker series.
Location. 39° 31.549′ N, 85° 46.611′ W. Marker is in Shelbyville, Indiana, in Shelby County. Marker is at the intersection of N. Harrison St and E. Mechanic St, on the right when traveling north on N. Harrison St. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 126 N Harrison St, Shelbyville IN 46176, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Historic Shelbyville High School 1896 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Civil War Memorial - Shelby County Indiana (approx. 0.3 miles away); Whetzel Trace (approx. De Witt Pioneer Home (approx. 6.9 miles away); Nancy Kerlin Barnett (was approx. 12.9 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Thompson Mill (approx. 15.9 miles away).
Also see . . . Thomas Andrews Hendricks - Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. (Submitted on March 21, 2013, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
1. Thomas Andrews Hendricks marker restored.
The Shelby County Historical Society and Shelby County United Fund For You (SCUFFY), recently restored this marker as part of a project to restore markers in the county.
— Submitted October 29, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.
Categories. • Notable Persons •
More. Search the internet for Site of Home of Thomas Andrews Hendricks.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 4, 2018. This page originally submitted on March 18, 2013, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 404 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 18, 2013, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. New photograph of recently restored marker • Can you help?