Corregidor Island, Cavite Province, Philippines
“Tribute to the Brave Heroes”
Japanese Memorial Garden
[Text in Japanese Kanji]
In remembrance of the 4,500 fallen comrades in arms of the Japanese defense battalion commanded by Captain Akira Tagaki, the senior commander, composed of :
0-4 Squadron Troop 330
31st Naval Special Resistance Combat Team
1st Special Infantry Battalion
17th Volunteer Naval Battalion
10th Aerial Information Regiment
32nd Field Artillery Regiment
And in tribute to the gallantry of the Filipinos, Americans,
and Japanese soldiers who fought and died for a cause on this island.
May their souls rest in eternal peace.
Erected by Japanese Comrades in Arms.
Location. 14° 23.283′ N, 120° 35.993′ E. Marker is in Corregidor Island, Cavite Province. Marker can be reached from The Tail End Tour Route east of the Bottomside Tour Route. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Corregidor Island, Cavite Province 4125, Philippines.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. "For the Repose of Souls" (within shouting distance of this marker); Malinta Tunnel (approx. 1.2 kilometers away); General Jonathan M. Wainwright Memorial (approx. 1.3 kilometers away); Corregidor (approx. 1.4 kilometers away); To the Angels (approx. 2.2 kilometers away); Corregidor Lighthouse (approx. 2.7 kilometers away); Spanish Historical Marker (approx. 2.7 kilometers away); 503rd Airborne- "The Rock Force" -Memorial (approx. 2.8 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Corregidor Island.
Also see . . .
1. Kannon Bodhisattva (Bosatsu) - Goddess of Mercy ... (Submitted on April 1, 2013, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
2. Japanese Memorial on Corregidor. (Submitted on April 2, 2013, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Additional keywords. Bushido; Japanese capture and loss of Corregidor Island, 1942-1945; Japanese Garden of Peace (JGP)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Military • Peace • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 31, 2013, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 500 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 31, 2013, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. 3, 4. submitted on April 1, 2013, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.