Near Belville in Brunswick County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1936 by Department of Conservation and Development. (Marker Number D-4.)
Location. 34° 13.74′ N, 77° 59.388′ W. Marker is near Belville, North Carolina, in Brunswick County. Marker is on River Road SE (State Highway 133) south of U.S. 17, on the right. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Leland NC 28451, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Alfred Moore (within shouting distance of this marker); Robert Howe (within shouting distance of this marker); Orton (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Anderson (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); USS North Carolina (approx. 2 miles away); U.S.S. North Carolina Battleship Memorial (approx. 2.1 miles away); Beery's Shipyard (approx. 2.3 miles away); William Tryon (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Belville.
More about this marker. Brunswick Town is approx. 14 miles from this marker, not 18¾. This marker must have been originally erected 4+ miles further north.
Also see . . . The Stamp Act of 1765. Account of the Stamp Act in the Carolinas. (Submitted on March 20, 2008.)
Additional keywords. Royal Governor William Tyron
Categories. • Colonial Era • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 20, 2008, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,676 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 20, 2008, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.