Princeton in Mercer County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
his soldiers paused to drink
water from a nearby spring
after the Battle of Princeton on
January 3rd 1777.
NJ Society Sons of the Revolution
Erected 2002 by NJ Society Sons of the Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Sons of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 20.284′ N, 74° 40.625′ W. Marker is in Princeton, New Jersey, in Mercer County. Marker is at the intersection of Stockton Street and Edgerstoune Road, on the right when traveling north on Stockton Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Princeton NJ 08540, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Olden House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Burial Site of those who fell in the Battle of Princeton (approx. 0.3 miles away); Historic Portico Preservation and Rebuilding (approx. 0.3 miles away); This is Hallowed Ground (approx. 0.3 miles away); Colonnade and Gravesite (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Mercer Oak Site of Moulder’s Battery (approx. 0.6 miles away); The British Occupation of New Jersey (approx. 0.6 miles away).
Also see . . . Battle of Princeton. (Submitted on April 3, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 3, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 324 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 3, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.