Near Edwardsburg in Cass County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The bell was cast at the Gould Mfg. Co. in Seneca Falls, New York in 1870, at a cost of $40. It weighs 390 pounds.
Erected 1998 by Mason Township and Bill & Jean Hoffman and Melvin & Shirley Stewart & Family.
Location. 41° 46.57′ N, 85° 53.864′ W. Marker is near Edwardsburg, Michigan, in Cass County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of U.S. 12 and Kessington Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is located in front of the Mason Township Hall and Library. Marker is at or near this postal address: 17049 US12, Edwardsburg MI 49112, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. District Schoolhouse (here, next to this marker); Trout Creek Cemetery (approx. 4.5 miles away in Indiana); Cathcart Cemetery (approx. 5.5 miles away Cathcart Memorial / Nicholson Memorial (approx. 5.5 miles away in Indiana); Graves et al v. Indiana (approx. 5.6 miles away in Indiana); Chain Lake Baptist Church and Cemetery (approx. 5.8 miles away); Trooper Richard T. Gaston, PE# 6679 (approx. 6.3 miles away in Indiana); The History of Boot Lake (approx. 6.4 miles away in Indiana).
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 21, 2013, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 288 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 21, 2013, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.