Martinsville, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1941 by Virginia Conservation Commission. (Marker Number A-94.)
Location. 36° 41.51′ N, 79° 52.373′ W. Marker is in Martinsville, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of East Main Street (State Highway 457) and Bridge Street, on the right when traveling west on East Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Martinsville VA 24112, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Henry County War Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Henry County U.D.C. Monument (a few steps from this marker); Near War's End (within shouting distance of this marker); Fayette Street (approx. 0.2 miles away); Belleview (approx. 2.9 miles away); Waller's Ford Chatmoss (approx. 4 miles away); Martinsville Speedway (approx. 4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Martinsville.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 21, 2013, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 325 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 21, 2013, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.