Highland Park in Lake County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Site of the First Public Building
Erected 1971 by Highland Park Historical Society.
Location. 42° 11.167′ N, 87° 47.916′ W. Marker is in Highland Park, Illinois, in Lake County. Marker is at the intersection of Central Avenue and Saint Johns Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Central Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1805 St. Johns Ave, Highland Park IL 60035, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Francis Stupey Log Cabin (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Water Tower (approx. 2.2 miles away); Fort Sheridan (approx. 2.3 miles away); a different marker also named Fort Sheridan (approx. 2.3 miles away); The Green Bay Trail (approx. 5.3 miles away); Adlai Ewing Stevenson II (approx. 7.2 miles away); The Dwyer Settlement in Lake County, Illinois (approx. 7.4 miles away); Kennicott House (approx. 7.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Highland Park.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 22, 2013. This page has been viewed 315 times since then and 34 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on April 22, 2013. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.