Savannah in Chatham County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Printing Oﬃce of James Johnson
Printing Office of James Johnson
Official Printer of Laws and
Paper Currency of the province.
He was the founder of
" The Georgia Gazette"
the only newspaper
in the colony. The first issue
appearing April 7,1763
Erected 1931 by The Georgia Society of the Colonial Dames of America.
Marker series. This marker is included in the National Society of Colonial Dames of America marker series.
Location. 32° 4.716′ N, 81° 5.437′ W. Marker is in Savannah, Georgia, in Chatham County. Marker is on East Broughton Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 123 East Broughton Street, Savannah GA 31401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gen. James Jackson Home Site (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lucas Theatre (about 400 feet away); The Oliver Sturges House (about 400 feet away); Christ Church (about 400 feet away); Savannah: Colonial Capital and Birthplace of (about 400 feet Christ Church (about 400 feet away); Moravian Colonists In Savannah (about 400 feet away); The Public Store (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Savannah.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. another James Johnson Marker
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Colonial Era • Communications •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 22, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,478 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 22, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.