Tiberias, Northern District, Israel
The Southern Wall
The wall was destroyed in the 1837 earthquake and since then only partially rebuilt. In the beginning of the 20th century, new settlements were established for the first time, outside the walls. The remaining ruins were once again struck by the great flood of 1934.
Erected by The municipality of Tiberias, Tourism Department.
Location. 32° 47.086′ N, 35° 32.521′ E. Marker is in Tiberias, Northern District. Marker is on HaBanim (National Route 90) just from HaGalil, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. This historical marker is located on the south side of the downtown Tiberias business district, just east of an opening in the wall made for Ha Banim (Route 90), affixed to the south side of the wall. It is a short walk from the nearby Leonardo Plaza Hotel.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Crusader-Ottoman Building / Millstones (within shouting distance of this marker); "Magic on the sea of galilee..." (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Doors of Burial Caves / Burial Customs - Sarcophagi The Synagogue (about 120 meters away); The Architecture of Tiberias (about 120 meters away); Domestic Building (about 120 meters away); Yardenit (approx. 8.6 kilometers away); Church of Heptapegon (approx. 9.9 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tiberias.
Also see . . . Daher el-Omar. This is a link to information provided by Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (Submitted on May 14, 2013, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 14, 2013, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 413 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on May 14, 2013, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.