Green Cove Springs in Clay County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Clay County Courthouse
Erected 1977 by The Clay County Historical Society in Cooperation with Department of State. (Marker Number F-276.)
Location. 29° 59.483′ N, 81° 41.096′ W. Marker is in Green Cove Springs, Florida, in Clay County. Marker is on Walnut Street near Brabantio Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 915 Walnut Street, Green Cove Springs FL 32043, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Village Improvement Association Woman's Club (approx. 0.3 miles away); Green Cove Springs Hickory Grove Baptist Church and Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Fort Fransisco De Pupo (approx. 3.5 miles away); Camp Chowenwaw (approx. 3.8 miles away); William Bartram Scenic Highway (approx. 3.9 miles away); William Bartram Trail (approx. 4.6 miles away); William Bartram's Plantation (approx. 4.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Green Cove Springs.
Regarding Old Clay County Courthouse. National Register of Historic Places:
Clay County Courthouse (added 1975 - - #75000546)
Green Cove Springs
♦ Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
♦ Architect, builder, or engineer: McClure,A.E.
♦ Architectural Style: No Style Listed
♦ Area of Significance: Politics/Government, Architecture
♦ Period of Significance: 1875-1899
♦ Owner: Local
♦ Historic Function: Government
♦ Historic Sub-function: Courthouse
♦ Current Function: Government, Recreation And Culture
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 31, 2013, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 608 times since then and 72 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 31, 2013, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.