Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Wilmington in New Castle County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Sugar Bowl

Looking Back

 
 
Sugar Bowl Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, May 21, 2013
1. Sugar Bowl Marker
Inscription. The Sugar Bowl, used as a band shell and observatory, stood at the original entrance to the Brandywine Zoo in the early 1900's. The pavilion was demolished in two stages--its dome was taken down in 1949 and the railings were removed in 1959. Delaware State Parks and the Friends of Wilmington State Parks plan to reconstruct the structure.
 
Erected by Delaware State Parks.
 
Location. 39° 45.217′ N, 75° 32.867′ W. Marker is in Wilmington, Delaware, in New Castle County. Marker is on Baynard Blvd. Touch for map. The marker is located in Brandywine Park. Marker is in this post office area: Wilmington DE 19802, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. African American Medal of Honor Recipients Memorial (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); John McKinly (about 700 feet away); Looking Back (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Richard Bassett (approx. mile away); Joseph Tatnall House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Brandywine Village (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of Old Cathedral Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wilmington.
 
Categories. EntertainmentNotable Buildings
 
Sugar Bowl Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, May 21, 2013
2. Sugar Bowl Marker
Sugar Bowl Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, May 21, 2013
3. Sugar Bowl Marker
Sugar Bowl Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, May 21, 2013
4. Sugar Bowl Marker
Sugar Bowl Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, May 21, 2013
5. Sugar Bowl Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 6, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 319 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on June 6, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement