Alexandria, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
James Harris House
Owned 1835-37 by George W. Carlin
Occupied late 1830's by
William C. Reynolds, twice Secretary
Alexandria Lodge of Washington
No. 22, A.F. & A.M.
Restored 1964-66 by Jean Keith
Alexandria Historical Restoration
Erected by City of Alexandria.
Location. 38° 48.28′ N, 77° 3.13′ W. Marker is in Alexandria, Virginia. Marker is on Prince Street east of South Fayette Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1113 Prince Street, Alexandria VA 22314, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Capt. James McGuire House (a few steps from this marker); L'Overture Hospital HQ (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); L’Ouverture Hospital (about 500 feet away); Franklin and Armfield Slave Office (about 800 feet away); Friendship Fire Company (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1323 Duke Street – From Slavery to Freedom and Service (approx. 0.2 miles away); Alfred Street Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Shiloh Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Alexandria.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 7, 2013, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia. This page has been viewed 408 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 7, 2013, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.