Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Eden in Worcester County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Church of God

 
 
Church of God Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, May 31, 2013
1. Church of God Marker
Inscription. This Pentecostal denomination with headquarters in Cleveland, Tenn. was introduced on the Delmarva Peninsula in 1919 when the Rev. Paul H. Walker of North Dakota held a meeting in Princess Anne. The first church building, a simple frame structure no longer standing, was erected here in 1920 on land donated by Sidney and Bertha Dryden. The congregation moved in 1944 to Salisbury, founding the Parkway Church of God there. Walker Memorial Church of God was established in Princess Anne in 1969. The denomination began nationally in 1886.
 
Erected by Delmarva-D.C. Churches of God and Maryland Historical Society.
 
Location. 38° 13.317′ N, 75° 35′ W. Marker is in Eden, Maryland, in Worcester County. Marker is on Meadow Bridge Road 0.1 miles east of W, Post Office Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Eden MD 21822, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. University of Maryland Eastern Shore (approx. 5.6 miles away); a different marker also named University of Maryland Eastern Shore (approx. 5.7 miles away); Historic Boxwood Gardens (approx. 6.1 miles away); Somerset County Circuit Courthouse
Church of God Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, May 31, 2013
2. Church of God Marker
(approx. 6.1 miles away); Princess Anne Town (approx. 6.1 miles away); Manokin Presbyterian Church (approx. 6.1 miles away); St. Andrew's Episcopal Church (approx. 6.2 miles away); Teackle Mansion (approx. 6.3 miles away).
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 8, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 244 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 8, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement