San Gabriel in Los Angeles County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The Mission Playhouse
The Playhouse was acquired by the City of San Gabriel in 1945, fulfilling McGroaty's wish that it belong forever to the people. He went on to become a two term Congressman, and was Poet Laureate of California from 1933 until his death in 1944.
Erected 2006 by Romana Parlor #109, Native Sons of the Golden West, Rosemarie Lippman, President J. Michael Anthony N.S.G.W., Grand President.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 34° 5.882′ N, 118° 6.506′ W. Marker is in San Gabriel, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker can be reached from South Touch for map. The entrance to the grounds is at the intersection. Marker is at or near this postal address: 320 South Mission Drive, San Gabriel CA 91776, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. San Gabriel Veterans War Memorial (here, next to this marker); Early California (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bovard - Wilson - Hayes House and Jail (about 500 feet away); 1776 Overland Immigration Expedition (about 700 feet away); Mission San Gabriel Archangel / El Camino Real Door (about 700 feet away); Lt. Colonel Juan Bautista De Anza (about 700 feet away); Joseph Chapman’s Millrace (about 700 feet away); San Gabriel Mission (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Gabriel.
Categories. • Arts, Letters, Music • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 8, 2013, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 297 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on July 8, 2013, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. 8, 9, 10. submitted on July 14, 2013, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.