Near Franklin in Johnson County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
This building erected by John Hoefgen, in memory of the early settlers, his Mother, Eliza Demott Hoefgen, and Uncle, Albert List, long an Elder in the Hopewell Church.
Location. 39° 29.775′ N, 86° 7.033′ W. Marker is near Franklin, Indiana, in Johnson County. Marker is on State Road 144 north of County Road W100N, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Franklin IN 46131, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Big Spring (here, next to this marker); Franklin Township High School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Hopewell Academy (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hopewell Academy 1855 to 1884 (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Hopewell Flag (approx. ¼ mile away); Two Cent Road and Three Notch Road (approx. 1.8 miles away); Franklin (approx. 3.1 miles away); Birthplace of Paul Vories McNutt (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 16, 2013, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 359 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 16, 2013, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.