Franklin in Johnson County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Home of Columbus Horatio Hall
This plaque marks the site of the home of
Columbus Horatio Hall
1846 - - - - - 1928
Famed Professor of Greek and Latin at Franklin College and upon two occasions its acting President, Columbus H. Hall was one of its most beloved and illustrious sons, Pastor and leader of Indiana Baptists, He gave more than half a century to the building of the Denomination and this College.
Here were born to him and his devoted wife Theodosia Parks Hall, 1874, children of remarkable talent, Mary Griswold Hall Selby, 1901, Zoe Hall, Ex 1902, Arnold Bennett Hall, 1904, Letitia Hall Carter, 1903, Warren Short Hall, 1912, Nelson Clarence Hall, 1918, Marguerite Hall Albjerg, 1915, and Florence Unristine Hall Bender, 1924, all but one graduates of Franklin College.
For fifty four years a loyal and active member of the Franklin College Chapter of Phi Delta Theta, Dr. Hall inspired generations of students to adhere to the ennobling principles and high ideals of College Fraternities.
Erected in His memory
by Indiana Delta of
Phi Delta Theta upon the occasion of its
April 28, 1980
Erected 1980 by Indiana Delta of Phi Delta Theta.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Franklin IN 46131, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Birthplace of Roger D. Branigin (approx. ¼ mile away); Johnson County War Memorial Honor Rolls (approx. 0.4 miles away); Johnson County Revolutionary War Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Johnson County Court Houses (approx. 0.4 miles away); Johnson County Civil War Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Johnson County Spanish American War Honor Roll (approx. 0.4 miles away); Johnson County Museum of History (approx. 0.4 miles away); Province Hospital (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 18, 2013, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 308 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 18, 2013, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.