Willow Street in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Heine Weber Smokehouse
The roof was removed, the stone walls were dismantled, and the materials were moved to this site in the summer of 1980. It was reconstructed of the same stones in the same size and design as the original structure, and the roof was again replaced.
The bakeoven immediately south of the smokehouse was also constructed of materials taken from the Weber homestead. The stones, timbers, and tile roof were taken from the "Heine" Weber House. These structures have been preserved here as a memorial to the Weber/Weaver families, whose ancestor Johann Anton Weber settled here in the Pequea Valley in 1711 and whose sons - Henry, Jacob, and George - moved to what is now known as the Weaverland Valley.
Erected 1981 by The Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society.
Location. 39° 58.8′ N, 76° 15.65′ W. Marker is in Willow Street, Pennsylvania, in Lancaster County. Marker can be reached from Hans Herr Drive. Touch for map. Located on the grounds of the Hans Herr House historic
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Millstones (a few steps from this marker); Blacksmith Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); Herr House (approx. ¾ mile away); Martin Meylin’s Gunshop (approx. 1.2 miles away); Birthplace of the Pennsylvania Rifle (approx. 1.3 miles away); Boehm's Chapel (approx. 1.3 miles away); Founded 1791 Boehms Chapel (approx. 1.4 miles away); Conestoga Navigation Company (approx. 3.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Willow Street.
Also see . . . Hans Herr House Museum website. (Submitted on August 2, 2013, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Categories. • Agriculture • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 30, 2013, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 457 times since then and 21 times this year. Last updated on August 3, 2013, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 30, 2013, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.