Zurich in Zurich (District), Switzerland
Als hotel 1858 gegenüber dem neuen bahnhof eröffnet.
1908 Neugestaltung der fassade mit illusionistischer jugendstil-malerei durch die architekten Alfred Choidera (1850-1916) und Theophil Tschudi (1847-1916).
Unter denkmalschutz seit 1985
Built in 1570 instead of smaller medieval houses.
Opened as a hotel in 1858 to the new station.
1908 redesign of the facade with illusionistic art nouveau painting by the architect Alfred Choidera (1850-1916) and Theophil Tschudi (1847-1916). Under monument protection since 1985
Location. 47° 22.573′ N, 8° 32.627′ E. Marker is in Zurich, Zurich, in Zurich (District). Marker is on Limmatquai, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Limmatquai 142, Zurich 8001, Switzerland.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Zur Sempacher Helbard (here, next to this marker in Zurich (canton)); Tiefe Schmitte (about 150 meters away, measured in a direct line in Zurich (canton)); Hirschen (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Alte Landkutsche Fountain from Paris (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Bienenhof (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Urania Observatory (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Judengasse (approx. 0.4 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Zurich.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 3, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 297 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 3, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.