Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Falmouth in Pendleton County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
 

Bell

 
 
Bell Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, July 20, 2013
1. Bell Marker
Inscription. The bronze bell displayed here was cast by the Buckeye Foundry of Cincinnati, Ohio in 1882. The company was known for its expert work and many of their bells are still in use around the tri-state area. Primarily known for church bells, it is impossible to know who commissioned the bell as records were lost in the 1937 flood. The bell was used at the old city hall building and was removed and stored after renovation of the facility after the 1997 flood. The bell served as notice when fire calls were received and was rung to summons fire department personnel.
 
Location. 38° 40.6′ N, 84° 19.8′ W. Marker is in Falmouth, Kentucky, in Pendleton County. Marker is at the intersection of Main St. and East Shelby Street, on the right when traveling north on Main St.. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Falmouth KY 41040, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Kennett Tavern (within shouting distance of this marker); County Names 1798 (within shouting distance of this marker); Albert A. Jameson (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Waller (approx. 4 miles away); British Indian Raid
Bell Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, July 20, 2013
2. Bell Marker
(approx. 6.1 miles away); Neville Veterans Memorial (approx. 11.2 miles away in Ohio); Neville – 1812 (approx. 11.2 miles away in Ohio); Edgington Mound (approx. 11.5 miles away in Ohio). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Falmouth.
 
Categories. Landmarks
 
Bell Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, July 20, 2013
3. Bell Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 15, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 220 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on August 15, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement