High Point in Guilford County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Guilford Technical Community College
Chartered As The Guilford Industrial Education Center In 1958
Site of classes started in 1955 by High Point Furniture and Hosiery Manufacturers and the High Point Public Schools that later became GTCC, one of the first community colleges in North Carolina.
Location. 35° 57.336′ N, 80° 0.806′ W. Marker is in High Point, North Carolina, in Guilford County. Marker is on W English Road, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is located on W English Road, between Oakwood Street and Chestnut Street. Marker is in this post office area: High Point NC 27262, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. High Point (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Plank Road Foreman (approx. 0.4 miles away); Camp Fisher (approx. 0.4 miles away); Plank Road (approx. 0.4 miles away); Confederate Arms Factory (approx. half a mile away); High Point Veterans Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Revolutionary War Patriots (approx. half a mile away); Confederate Soldiers Monument (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in High Point.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 15, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 274 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 15, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.