Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lancaster in Garrard County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
 

First Presbyterian Church

 
 
First Presbyterian Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, July 21, 2013
1. First Presbyterian Church Marker
Inscription. When founded in 1816 by Presbytery of Transylvania, it had 22 members. The first minister was James C. Barnes, who also served Paint Lick Church. Congregation worshiped in the Republican (Union) Church until 1846; second building on Buford and Stanford Streets. They built on the present site in 1879. Gov. Wm. O. Bradley was a member.

Presented by Members of First Presbyterian Church
 
Erected 1994 by Kentucky Historical Society-Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1942.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
 
Location. 37° 37.159′ N, 84° 34.748′ W. Marker is in Lancaster, Kentucky, in Garrard County. Marker is on Danville Road (Kentucky Route 52) west of Stanford Street (Kentucky Route 39), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lancaster KY 40444, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Garrard County, 1797 (within shouting distance of this marker); Buford-Salter House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Home of Statesmen (about 500 feet away);
First Presbyterian Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, July 21, 2013
2. First Presbyterian Church Marker
Lancaster Public Spring (about 700 feet away); Local Authoress (about 800 feet away); Home of Gov. Bradley (approx. 0.2 miles away); Pleasant Retreat (approx. 0.7 miles away); Walker Foxhounds (approx. 5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lancaster.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 18, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 201 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 18, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement