Warren in Macomb County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Gillett - Beer Farm
By 1875, this property was owned by F. VanFleet, the Kidds in 1895 and the Bates in the 1930s.
Art & Agnes Beer bought it in 1946. The Agnes B. Beer Junior High School was named in her honor in 1969.
Erected 1999 by Warren Historical Commission.
Location. 42° 31.649′ N, 83° 4.006′ W. Marker is in Warren, Michigan, in Macomb County. Marker is on Chicago Road east of Ryan Road, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. This marker is about 125 yards east of the intersection of Ryan Road and Chicago Road. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4201 Chicago Road, Warren MI 48092, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Warren Union Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Detroit Memorial Park Cemetery (approx. half a mile away); Norman J. Halmich Park (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Joiner House 1895 First Baptist Church of Warren (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Wilson-Bosh Home (approx. 0.9 miles away); Murthum-Vander Vlucht House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Red Run Creek (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warren.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 20, 2013, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 318 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 20, 2013, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.