Laramie in Albany County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
Site of Fort Sanders
Marks the Site of
Established September 5, 1866
Abandoned May 18, 1882
Named in Honor of
William P. Sanders
Erected by the
State of Wyoming
Jacques Laramie Chapter
Daughters of the
From July 10, to
September 5, 1866
Fort John Buford
Erected 1914 by State of Wyoming and Jacques Laramie Chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 16.278′ N, 105° 35.89′ W. Marker is in Laramie, Wyoming, in Albany County. Marker is on S. Kiowa Street 0.1 miles east of Fort Sanders Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Laramie WY 82070, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ft. Sanders (approx. ¼ mile away); Laramie (approx. 2 miles away); a different marker also named Laramie (approx. 2.6 miles away); First Woman Jury The Franchise (approx. 2.7 miles away); Laramie Timeline (approx. 2.7 miles away); Excavation Site: Basement Entrance to the Warden's House (approx. 2.9 miles away); First Ladies (approx. 2.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Laramie.
Also see . . . Fort Sanders Guardhouse. From the Wyoming State Historic Preservation Office. (Submitted on August 22, 2013, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 22, 2013, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 420 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 22, 2013, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.