Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
London Borough of Camden in Greater London County, England, United Kingdom
 

House of John Keats

 
 
House of John Keats Marker image. Click for full size.
By Roger W. Sinnott, August 18, 2013
1. House of John Keats Marker
Inscription.
John Keats,
poet,

lived in this house.

B: 1795.
D: 1821.


 
Erected 1896 by Royal Society of Arts.
 
Location. 51° 33.337′ N, 0° 10.08′ W. Marker is in London Borough of Camden, England, in Greater London County. Marker is on Keats Grove, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: London Borough of Camden, England NW3 2RR, United Kingdom.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. George Orwell House (approx. 0.6 kilometers away); Toll Gate House (approx. 1.6 kilometers away); Sir Gerald Kelly (approx. 3.9 kilometers away); Sir Alfred Ayer (approx. 4 kilometers away); Tony Ray-Jones (approx. 4 kilometers away); Euston War Memorial (approx. 4 kilometers away); Jacqueline du Pré (approx. 4 kilometers away); London School of Tropical Medicine (approx. 4.1 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in London Borough of Camden.
 
Regarding House of John Keats. According to a poster by the front gate, John Keats lived in this house from 1818 to 1820. He wrote some of his best-loved poetry here, including “Ode to a Nightingale.”
 
Also see . . .
House from the Street image. Click for full size.
By Roger W. Sinnott, August 18, 2013
2. House from the Street
 BBC biographical sketch. (Submitted on August 26, 2013, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts.)
 
Categories. Arts, Letters, Music
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 3, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 26, 2013, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 403 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 26, 2013, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement