Harrisburg in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 15.522′ N, 76° 49.621′ W. Marker is in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, in Dauphin County. Marker is at the intersection of Derry Street and Wilhelm Street, on the right when traveling west on Derry Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Harrisburg PA 17104, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Harris, Jr. (approx. 0.4 miles away); William Maclay, Esq. (approx. 0.4 miles away); Paxton Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Paxton Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Parson John Elder House (approx. one mile away); William Howard Day (approx. 1.2 miles away); Bellevue Park (approx. 1.5 miles away); Harrisburg (approx. 1.5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Harrisburg.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Other Paxton Church markers.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 1, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,040 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on April 1, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 2. submitted on February 27, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.