Harrisburg in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
John Harris, Jr.
1726 - 1791
Location. 40° 15.806′ N, 76° 49.785′ W. Marker is in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, in Dauphin County. Marker can be reached from Wilhelm Road. Touch for map. Marker is in the Paxton Presbyterian Churchyard. Marker is in this post office area: Harrisburg PA 17104, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Maclay, Esq. (a few steps from this marker); Paxton Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Paxton Presbyterian Church (about 500 feet away); a different marker also named Paxton Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Parson John Elder House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Bellevue Park (approx. 1.3 miles away); Lincoln Cemetery (approx. 1.4 miles away); Bishop McDevitt High School (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Harrisburg.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Other markers related to John Harris, Jr.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Colonial Era • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 1, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,252 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 1, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.