Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria
The Trautson House
Gotisches Laubenhaus des 15. Jh. mit Lichtschacht, welches im Jahre 1541 unter seinem damaligen Besitzer Hanns Trautson von Matrei, Sprechenstein und Schrofenstein, Erbland- Marschall von Tirol, seit 1541 Freiherr, durch Meister Gregor Türing seine heutige Gestalt und Höhe sowie die zwei prächtigen Erker erhielt, deren linker sich über einem Bogen (!) erhebt und mit den Wappen des Bauherrn und seiner Gattin aus dem Hause Madruzzo geziert ist.
A Gothic house of the 15th Century with a light shaft. Under its former owner, Hanns Trautson, who was the Lord of Matrei, Sprechenstein and Schrofenstein, and the hereditary noble marshal of Tyrol, the house was built to its present form and height by architect Gregory Türing in 1541, who at the same time also had installed two magnificent bay windows, of which the left one sits over an arch and is adorned with the coats-of-arms of the builder and his wife, who was of the house of Madruzzo.
Erected by Stadt Innsbruck (City of Innsbruck).
Location. 47° 16.076′ N, 11° 23.599′ E. Marker is in Innsbruck, Tyrol. Marker is at the intersection of Herzog-Friedrich-Straße Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Herzog-Friedrich-Straße 22, Innsbruck, Tyrol 6020, Austria.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Office Building of the Tyrolean Provincial Assembly (a few steps from this marker); Leopold Mozart (within shouting distance of this marker); Katzunghaus (within shouting distance of this marker); Magistrate Zeller's House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Old City Hall / City Tower (within shouting distance of this marker); Bederlunger House (within shouting distance of this marker); Hölblinghaus (within shouting distance of this marker); The Golden Roof and New Courtyard (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Innsbruck.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 2, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 349 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 2, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.