Gulfport in Harrison County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Gulf Coast Military Academy
Erected 2010 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
Location. 30° 23.098′ N, 89° 0.994′ W. Marker is in Gulfport, Mississippi, in Harrison County. Marker is at the intersection of Beach Drive and Anniston Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Beach Drive. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1800 Beach Drive, Gulfport MS 39507, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Handsboro Presbyterian Church (approx. 1.2 miles away); Handsboro (approx. 1.2 miles away); Gulf Coast College (approx. 1.2 miles away); St. Mark's Episcopal Church (approx. 1.4 miles away); Mississippi City Courthouse Memorialization of Jefferson Davis (approx. 1.7 miles away); Beauvoir (approx. 2.9 miles away); Broadcasting the Blues (approx. 3.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gulfport.
Also see . . . Gulf Coast Military Academy. Wikipedia. (Submitted on September 9, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 6, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 510 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 6, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. 3. submitted on September 4, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. 4. submitted on September 6, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.