Near Perryville in Boyle County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Battle of Perryville
Erected by Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 58.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. 37° 40.16′ N, 84° 57.561′ W. Marker is near Perryville, Kentucky, in Boyle County. Marker is on Battlefield Road (Kentucky Route 1920) 0.7 miles south of Park Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. This marker is just past the Dye House, where the walking trails cross Kentucky 1920 highway. There is a wooden sign on the right side of road showing the way to Hicklen Pond, Stanford & Carner Batteries. Marker is in this post office area: Perryville KY 40468, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Kirkland Home (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Dye House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Lumsden's Battery (approx. half a mile away); Sgt. Harris B. Cope Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away); Donelson's Attack Donelson's Advance (approx. 0.6 miles away); Baptism of Fire (approx. 0.6 miles away); The H. P. Bottom House (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Perryville.
More about this marker. This marker has been refurbished and relocated several times over the last 28 years. Kentucky marker #58 was originally located in the town of Perryville. At some point it was moved to the Perryville Battlefield State Park. In 2013 this marker was again relocated to its current position between the town and the park.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Kentucky marker #58 has been relocated several times.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 10, 2013, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 643 times since then and 16 times this year. This page was the Marker of the Week October 27, 2013. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 10, 2013, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.