Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Adams in Robertson County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
 

Port Royal

 
 
Port Royal Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, July 24, 2013
1. Port Royal Marker
Inscription. One mile N. at confluence of Red River and Sulphur Ford Creek is Port Royal, early center of commerce and manufacturing. It was settled in 1784 and nearby was Weld, the first court in Tennessee County, N.C. established in 1788. The Red River Baptist Church was organized here in 1791. A covered bridge, erected in 1903, spans the Red River here.
 
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commision. (Marker Number 3C 45.)
 
Location. 36° 32.333′ N, 87° 8.117′ W. Marker is in Adams, Tennessee, in Robertson County. Marker is at the intersection of Tennessee Route 76 and Tennessee Route 238, on the right when traveling east on State Route 76. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Adams TN 37010, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Stores of Port Royal (approx. 1.1 miles away); 1859 Masonic Lodge & General Store (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Town of Port Royal (approx. 1.1 miles away); Renfroe's Station (approx. 3.5 miles away); Red River Church (approx. 4.9 miles away); Bell Witch (approx. 5.1 miles away); Fort Redmond (approx. 5.1 miles away); Willie Blount (approx. 5.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Adams.
 
Categories. Settlements & Settlers
 
Port Royal Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, July 24, 2013
2. Port Royal Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 12, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 353 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 12, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement