Merion Station in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Washington's Army Encampment
Washington's Army encamped
September 14, 1777.
Erected by Merion Chapter,
Daughters of the American Revolution
September 14, 1896
Erected 1896 by Merion Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 0.585′ N, 75° 15.322′ W. Marker is in Merion Station, Pennsylvania, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection of Montgomery Avenue and Maplewood Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Montgomery Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Merion Station PA 19066, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Merion Friends Meeting (within shouting distance of this marker); Merion Friends Meeting House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Philadelphia and Columbia Railway (about 500 feet away); Early Tavern (about 700 feet away); John Dickinson (approx. 0.2 miles away); James A. Bland Wilt Chamberlain (1936-1999) (approx. 2.2 miles away); Philadelphia & Columbia Railroad (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Merion Station.
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 19, 2013, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 354 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 19, 2013, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.