Wilson in Wilson County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Wilson County Civil War Memorial
Of Wilson County
Erected 1926 by The John W. Dunham Chapter U.D.C. and The Thomas Hadley Chapter D.A.R.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution, and the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 35° 43.51′ N, 77° 54.616′ W. Marker is in Wilson, North Carolina, in Wilson County. Marker is on Nash Street East (State Highway 58) near Goldsboro Street East. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Wilson NC 27893, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Henry G. Conner (within shouting distance of this marker); Combat Wounded Veterans (within shouting distance of this marker); Hackney Wagon Company (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First ABC Store (about 600 feet away); R.D.W. Connor (about 700 feet away); P.D. Gold (approx. 0.3 miles away); Military Hospital (approx. 0.3 miles away); Owen L. W. Smith (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wilson.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 24, 2013, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 406 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 24, 2013, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.