Kingston Springs in Cheatham County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Connection To Johnsonville
U.S. Military Railroad
Col. William W. Wright (1824-1882) was an engineer who worked for the Pennsylvania Railroad from 1847 to 1854 and from 1859 to 1861, for the Memphis and Charleston Railroad until 1857, and for the Honduras Interoceanic Railroads until
Big Harpeth No. 7 Bridge, with a handcar visible above the first pier. A stockade for the guards stood on the opposite bluff behind the single man on the bridge. The stone piers are visible in the Kingston Springs City Park about a half a mile in front of you. Courtesy Tennessee State Library & Archives
Sullivanís Branch Bridge, Craggie Hope Courtesy Tennessee State Library & Archives
Big Harpeth No. 6 Bridge, with USCT sentry at left, bridge piers can be seen 150 feet south of modern Harpeth River Bridge. - Courtesy Tennessee State Library & Archives
Erected by Tennessee Civil War Trails.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Tennessee Civil War Trails marker series.
Location. 36° 5.974′ N, 87° 6.901′ W. Marker is in Kingston Springs, Tennessee, in Cheatham County. Marker is on North Main Street north of West Kingston Springs Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker is on the grounds of the Kingston Springs Library. Marker is at or near this postal address: 358 N Main Street, Kingston Springs TN 37082, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Harding Pike (approx. 9.9 miles away); Harpeth Shoals (approx. 14.3 miles away); Bank of Leiper's Fork / Hillsboro Methodist Church (approx. 15.6 miles away).
Categories. • African Americans • Railroads & Streetcars • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 2, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 822 times since then and 83 times this year. Last updated on October 15, 2013, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 2, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.